New Brunswick is an active commercial hub of central New Jersey, a college town for students, and a commuter town for residents. The city is home to many heavily trafficked roads and highways. New Brunswick sees a wide variety of car accidents and injuries each year.
Firm Founder Michael S. Williams, Esq. has a well-earned reputation for obtaining successful results. He has recovered millions in compensation for his injured clients in New Brunswick and the surrounding areas.
What Types of Car Accident Cases Does the Law Offices of Michael S. Williams Handle?
The Law Offices of Michael S. Williams can handle any type of car accident case.
Car accident cases we handle include but are not limited to the following:
- Rear-end collisions
- DUI accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Speeding accidents
- T-bone or side-impact accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Accidents involving commercial vehicles
What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents in New Brunswick?
Most car accidents are avoidable. However, despite your best efforts to drive safely and responsibility, other drivers and third-parties can still put you and your loved ones at risk. It is essential to have a car accident lawyer on your side at every step of the legal process.
Common causes of car accidents in New Brunswick include:
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Driving under the influence
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Wrong-way driving
- Bad weather
- Poor road maintenance
- Lack of proper road signage or working traffic lights
- Auto defects
What Are Common Car Accident Injuries?
At the Law Offices of Michael S. Williams, we know that any type of accident and injury can be life-changing. No matter whether your injury is minor or severe, we can help you get back on your feet.
Common car accident injuries include:
- Muscle sprains and strains
- Neck and back injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Soft tissue injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Concussions and other head trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Burn injuries
- Amputation of limbs
- Scars and disfigurement
- Permanent disability
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in New Brunswick?
Your safety and health are paramount after a car accident. The first step to take after any accident is to call 911 so that police and EMTs arrive at the scene. It is important to seek immediate medical attention, even if you do not feel you have serious injuries.
Other important steps to take after being involved in a New Brunswick car accident include:
- If your car is in a position that could cause additional hazards on the road, do your best to move it to a safe location.
- If possible, take pictures of damage to vehicles, any skid markings, traffic lights and road signage in the area, and your physical injuries.
- Exchange insurance and contact information with the other driver involved in the accident, as well as any eyewitnesses.
- Make sure to maintain documentation of medical treatment you received, as well as copies of police and accident reports.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Call an experienced New Brunswick car accident lawyer as soon as possible so that your rights are protected from the start of your case.
How Can a New Brunswick Car Accident Lawyer Help Me?
There are many details that need to be handled after being involved in a car accident. It can be stressful trying to take care of everything involved, especially if you have a severe injury. A New Brunswick car accident lawyer can protect your rights and best interests so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
If you were injured in a crash, a New Brunswick car accident lawyer can help with the following:
- Investigate the accident scene and circumstances of your case.
- Obtain and review police and accident reports.
- Interview eyewitnesses.
- Handle all phone calls and written communication with opposing representatives.
- Gather and review documentation of your medical treatment.
- Evaluate lost wages and reduced income.
- Review your auto insurance policy and coverage.
- Work with medical experts.
- Negotiate settlements with insurance companies if possible.
- Take your case to trial when appropriate.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim?
In New Jersey, you have two years from the date of accident and injury to file a claim. The sooner you retain an experienced car accident lawyer, the sooner your claim will be filed in a timely manner.
Why Should I Hire the Law Offices of Michael S. Williams?
If you were injured in a car accident, you need legal guidance. Being involved in a crash can leave you overwhelmed with medical bills, time missed from work, physical pain, emotional trauma, and financial strain. A knowledgeable New Brunswick car accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Michael S. Williams can help.
Super Lawyers and New Jersey Monthly has recognized Mr. Williams as a top-rated New Jersey attorney in personal injury and workers’ compensation law. Mr. Williams was also named a Top Trial Attorney by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys.
Does You Offer Free Consultations?
Yes, our law office offers free consultations. We can review the details of your accident case and discuss the best legal strategy.
A New Brunswick Car Accident Lawyer at the Law Offices of Michael S. Williams Will Fight for Your Rights and Best Interests
If you were injured in a crash, a New Brunswick car accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Michael S. Williams is here to help. Call 732-351-2800 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. We have offices in Tinton Falls and New Brunswick, New Jersey. We serve clients in the Shrewsbury, Tinton Falls, Middlesex County, and Monmouth County areas and throughout the state.